Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hangin in

I miss reading everyone else's posts and I will try to get back on track with that. Right now I'm on the laptop and it has none of my favorites so I just check e-mail and usually that is all the time I have.

Luke is actually taking a nap right now and I'm not holding him!!! He is in the swing but its turned off. This will seem odd but I swear its making me dizzy when its on, like it swings too fast and I get that vertigo feeling. I know, strange. Ryan loved that swing and spent a lot of time in it and it didn't bother me one bit. He still seems to constantly want to eat and I'm doing the "on demand" feeding but it is wearing me out. I just wish he would complete a feeding without falling asleep and be more efficient. I can't believe I said efficient...I am married to an engineer.

I am still having a hard time coping with the fact that I am the only one that can feed him, and by Luke's rules that means I am the only one that can really comfort him--which means Ethan can hold him about 10 min if he is awake and thats it. Cry = nurse and there is a lot of crying going on over here. Which just started again...

1 comment:

Our Family of Four said...

There is a book called "The Baby Whisperer". Probably should have mentioned this BEFORE he was born. But it's broken down by age milestones Anyway, if you don't have it I would highly recommend it. She gives great ideas from feeding, to sleeping, to diapering... Sounds like he has a weak suck and it's tiring him out. Will he take a pacifier for practice?