Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My kids are sick

Luke is 2 weeks old and has his first cold. It is the most pathetic thing. Last night he got congested and today we already had a weight check scheduled. Turns out he has a low grade fever also. We went to the lab for bloodwork and everything was normal, thank goodness. Ryan woke up in the middle of the night coughing. His inhaler and cough medicine didn't seem to work, though the inhaler has worked this afternoon. He is working on a 2.5 hr nap. I went in and woke him up once but he wasn't into it, so hopefully he will come down on his own soon. My poor babies. He is sporting a fever of almost 101, though is acting fine besides the cough.

I feel like its a whole lot to process right now on no sleep, but we are doing the best we can. I begged (kinda) Ethan to try and take more time off. One week wasn't enough. I don't feel close enough to myself, besides having no appetite. The good part about that is I've lost 20 lbs already, though not in the best way possible.

1 comment:

Mommy3 said...

I'll be thinking of you guys and hoping hubby is able to take some more time off to be with you guys! I hope your little men get plenty of rest (and give you some) and get better soon! Poor baby having his first cold so early on! Also, wow on the weight...I never lost that much early on after having my babies...and try to eat & for sure keep up the liquods as that can reduce your milk if you are bf. :)