Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Thanks Liz!

Well, at least someone out there felt bad for my fashion issues! Yes, I know there are more important things going on in the world, but hey--this is my self esteem here. I would like to report some fashion finds:

First, I was excited that Liz mentioned the blazer because "ta da" I already had two. Who knew? A chocolate brown courderoy (bad spelling...ug) and a light cotton khaki. Woo hoo. And I already have a black sweater coat. Just ned to find the belt for it (mental note). Then on Sunday I made my sister go to the mall with me. I had birthday $ and a gift card to New York & Co. They were my favorite store for work clothes...now that I don't work outside the house, their stuff doesn't seem to be me...but I tried. I even had a "spend $75 get $39 off"....oh well. Maybe next sale. I found cute flats at Payless...but they weren't on sale. Yes, I know Payless is already cheap but genetically I cannot pay full price for anything. My mom will not allow it. She has some kind of force--like Jedi-but for shopping and she would know if I paid full price for anything. IT IS NOT ALLOWED. And, Ethan appreciates that.

I went to Ross and I gotta say, its a whole different experience without a toddler. My sister was nice and held everything I wanted to try on so I could really look for stuff. I think I tried on a million jeans, but bought 2 sweaters. Still good. Then off to JC Penney.

Now...things must be explained. Our "mall" is...well...how to I explain it? One story. It has a food court and carousel. The BIG stores are Target, Sears, JC Penney and Gottschalks (think Robinsons May if you must). Besides the outlet mall, this is the only mall in town. This mall wasn't even here when I was growing up so its great that its here, but its no North County Fair....and I will not even discuss how far away it is from being Fashion Valley.

So, JC Penney. Don't usually have much luck there, but they are carrying a new brand called "Ana" and I love it. $21.99 for jeans (on sale)...score. And I loved how they fit, so much in fact, I bought a pair to wear with boots, and a straight leg pair for flats. To top that off I got an awesome brown sweater coat w/ hood. LOVE IT. I think for 3 sweaters and 2 pair of jeans I spent about $85 for my shopping trip.

Now, if the shoes could just miraculously appear at my door.

3 comments:

Liz said...

YAY!

Thx for the shout =) hehe, and I'm so glad you had some luck outfitting youself for the fall!

may we please see some photos of your favorite articles?

thx! =)

Liz said...

YAY!

Thx for the shout =) hehe, and I'm so glad you had some luck outfitting youself for the fall!

may we please see some photos of your favorite articles?

thx! =)

Our Family of Four said...

Okay, so now I've "found you" too! Don't ask me about fashion though - LOL!