Thursday, January 8, 2009

I heart Target :)

So, if Liz is reading this she is saying "DUH." This is a NEW love for Target. I have said before I enjoy shopping there much more than that place that Liz and Judy hate, but there are times I can't go, like when I have Ryan. Why didn't I remember that Monday? Anyway, today I had to go get more blood taken (I think we are on 11 vials so far) at the hospital which is about 20 minutes away, and they happen to have a brand new Target right across the street. I had time to kill before picking Ryan up from school so I went. And as it happens, I have to go back tomorrow to get my Rhogam shot so I might be stopping in again...poor Ethan, don't open the credit card bill...I love you...

I had decided on a safari/jungle animal theme for the nursery. The problem was that everything was about $200. I got suckered into that the first time and we had the bumper in exactly 5 months and never used the quilt. So, the dust ruffle and sheet got a good 3 yrs of use, but thats it. Also, I noticed all of these "sets" came with a diaper stacker which I don't want or need since I have baskets that fit perfectly in the changing table and a valance. The window is way too big for the size that comes in the set, and we have nice thick blinds with decorative moulding at the top. No need to cover it. I seriously had a list of about 30 sets that I liked, but just couldn't make myself buy any of them at that price, even if we try to sell our frog set on E-bay. I had been eyeing a set at Target that was $69.99. I thought it was cute, but just wasn't ready to purchase.

Today, I was ready to purchase. Who got the last set on clearance for $49.99???? ME!!! As my mom said when I called her "i bet you like it a lot more now." Yes, yes I do. The changing pad cover, sheet, dust ruffle and extra blanket were also on clearance. Yipee. I think I got everything for less than $100. Ethan would be proud....if he wasn't already thinking we could just re-use the old bedding. I like the old bedding, I'm just OVER blue. OVER. Especially with Ryan's new room screaming blue at me everytime I walk in there. This is tan and green.

Then, oh my, the children's clearance area. I found matching sweaters for the boys for Christmas! I know. $8 each. I thought it was going to be hard to find some matching stuff so I jumped at the 4T and 12 m, and just around the corner, two more sweaters that matched. It was hard to contain myself. I also got a Star Wars onesie that Ethan is going to love, and some other random stuff. Plus, clearance infant wear for my friend who is having a boy. A sleeper for $1.50. Please. I spent less than a brand new $200 bedding set, and got an entire bedding set, clothes clothes clothes for the kids, 2 new folding hampers, 7th generation dishwashing liquid, and hangers for Ryan.

Target also gets a shout out because I lost the receipt for his bedrail that wouldn't fit and when I told her I knew the day, and even approximately the time I bought it she said if I used my credit card she could find it and she did. Just awesome.

Ryan has a friend coming over in an hour so I need to clean up.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Although it took forever, I am glad you finally came to the bright red side of life. =) Isn't it just fantastic?

Oh, and as long as you didn't pay with cash, they can always pull up the receipt at Target within 90 days of purchase. FYI. Same with Costco-all you need is your Costco card....

Liz said...

HOORAY for super bargains! i'm so excited for you! i mean, WHAT an introduction...if i told you it's always like that, will you promise to NEVER go back to the blue? please?! i'll say anything =) hahaha

Mommy3 said...

Yay for happy shopping days! Sounds like a good one. Can't wait to see pics of that nursery!