Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Senor Head meet Mr. Cement

Yes, Ryan had the big fall Sunday. Forehead to cement. I cannot get the sound out of my head. I'm glad I didn't actually see him hit. This whole climbing thing is getting out of control. He also does "jump spins" on the bed and couch and has no fear. Scares me to death. Luckily this fall was not from a standing position. He had already climbed into the chair and the mean mommy that I am made him sit down. That is no fun so he decided to get down. I saw him start to ease himself down and looked away. The chair wobbled and he went forward. Ethan grabbed him and we could already see a bump forming. Surprisingly, he only cried for about 2 min. 2 hrs when he burnt his fingers. He is a strong little boy and as soon as he realized daddy still had cereal left in the bowl he was A-OK.

What else? Oh yeah, I'm back at the gym. I hate it. But I went 3x last week, and am on track for 3 this week. I'm also walking 2 miles in the AM, 6 days a week. The only problem with the walking is that Ryan has been falling asleep in the stroller and that totally throws off naptime, which throws off bedtime. Vicious vicious cycle. I would fall asleep if I were him too. The ducks have not been putting on a good show lately. The last few days they are laying on the lawn, heads tucked into their wings, SLEEPING.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

OMG Allie is sooo bad with the boo-boos. At this exact moment she has two scraped knees and one scraped elbow. I can't keep this child from running around like a crazy person and then falling down. *shrug* And I'm sure boys are MUCH worse. As I'll soon find out!